Wichita State looking into women’s basketball transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
    Only think I don't understand is for every 10 or so that have negative comments about HCJA and staff, only 1 has positive comments. Not a very good ratio at all. You have to wonder what's really the story behind the ones praising HCJA. I feel there's more to the story with some of them, but at this point everything is he said/she said. Who do you believe? I'm still inclined to believe the majority, the ones that didn't have much positive to say.
    I also have a concern about Jazimen Gordan and Chynna Turner speaking up as supporters of Jody. Were not these young ladies in the group that went to Eric Sexton? At that time they thought it was serious enough and asked for help. I feel these young ladies are put in a difficult position of tarnishing their coaching careers. Eric Sexton admitted he knew there were problems but how many of these young women been met with privately? This investigations is bringing out more questions. And if Becky Endicott is observing these ladies letters? I am losing faith in actual process...........sounds to me they really don't want the untainted truth. I hope Julie is speaking one on one with everyone to ensure there is no fear or cause of retaliation.

Comment

Good article from HoopFeed on this subject http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2015...support-coach/

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        I think Jody will keep her job, but there will be some considerations added to her ability to keep her job. I think this is going to be a "clean it up or we have cause to terminate" situation.
        Any thoughts on when they will wrap this up?

Regardless of what happens to Jody I certainly hope WSU will be as accommodating as they can possibly be in working with the departing players in making the transition to whatever the next stop is for them. I see no good reason to do otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding1977 View Post
          Good article from HoopFeed on this subject http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2015...support-coach/
          Appreciate @Spaulding1977: posting this article. It's always good to view both sides of an issue. Unfortunately, it only adds to the confusion.

Taking everything in from first hand posts here, past incidents, current players involved, statements to the media then going to this article makes out Jody to be a Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde with no one seeing but one side of her. Yes, I'm somewhat suspect of what both sides have said.

Of those that spoke out in this article (including a long comment after the article from Susan Orvis) includes 1) who played for both Jody and Dana at UMKC and SIU and coached with Jody at Murray St and WSU along with Dana being here the last year, and still coaches, 2) who coached with Jody and Dana at UMKC and SIU (including a year after Jody left for Murray St) and still coaches, 3) who played for Jody 2 years, Dana for 3 at SIU and is currently coaching, 4) a past player who is the current graduate assistant, 5) a player who was here Jody's first 2 years and saw a transition of players from the old coach to the new, and 6) from a player who I thought was considering leaving , but stayed. The last of these six I view as perhaps one who would be the least bias. The first three, I would view, as an outsider, as part of both Jody and Dana's inner circle with #4 obviously having a vested interest in keeping Jody close to her. I'll repeat, this doesn't mean anything that was posted in the article is not true, only that it could be biased.

Comment

This will be my one and only post on the subject. I will not respond to any quotes or questions about my opinion, so please refrain from such actions.

I have a close friend who played basketball at the juco level for a semester. She was a star at my high school and loved the game. When she played basketball at the juco, the demanding nature of college sports wore on her, and she found out she didn't love the next level. it was too demanding and too different from what she was used to for her.

In the world today, my generation expects to be pampered and babied and to have everything given to them. They want to be successful without effort. There are few that have the grit and determination to make things for themselves.

I got married in December, and I have since discovered how fragile and complex female emotions are. Too many times I have put myself in the doghouse by remarking on a stupid question by calling such, thusly reducing my wife to tears.

My wife and I lived with another couple for 6 months, and I made the other girl cry by telling her to "pull her head out of her ass" when they made a series of stupid, stupid decisions. Appearantly, I was name calling, demeaning, and degrading with that comment.

In this day and age, consensual sex is rape if the female regrets it later. We are in the days of gender equality by male inequality. Anything that makes a woman feel bad for her actions is demeaning, degrading, and mentally abusive.

On the subject of this thread, some women are too entitled and irresponsible to make good of their skills at the level Jody demands. When nothing a coach does gets through to one player, you send them home for a weekend. When you fail to get through to a group, you do what it takes. Jody has to have a bite to her bark, and I applaud her for her efforts to bite these kids. Sometimes good players are just brats and need an attitude adjustment.

And to parents everywhere- Spare the rod, spoil the child. To the world a favor and smack your children. A little bit of momentary pain goes a long way in character building.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              This will be my one and only post on the subject. I will not respond to any quotes or questions about my opinion, so please refrain from such actions.
              This is probably one of the most sexist and ignorant posts I've ever read on this message board.

Congrats.

I'm not even going to quote it because it's that ridiculous. Almost to the point of me thinking this was 100% sarcasm.

Comment

I have a close friend who played basketball at the juco level for a semester. She was a star at my high school and loved the game. When she played basketball at the juco, the demanding nature of college sports wore on her, and she found out she didn't love the next level. it was too demanding and too different from what she was used to for her.

In the world today, my generation expects to be pampered and babied and to have everything given to them. They want to be successful without effort. There are few that have the grit and determination to make things for themselves.

I got married in December, and I have since discovered how fragile and complex female emotions are. Too many times I have put myself in the doghouse by remarking on a stupid question by calling such, thusly reducing my wife to tears.

My wife and I lived with another couple for 6 months, and I made the other girl cry by telling her to "pull her head out of her ass" when they made a series of stupid, stupid decisions. Appearantly, I was name calling, demeaning, and degrading with that comment.

In this day and age, consensual sex is rape if the female regrets it later. We are in the days of gender equality by male inequality. Anything that makes a woman feel bad for her actions is demeaning, degrading, and mentally abusive.

On the subject of this thread, some women are too entitled and irresponsible to make good of their skills at the level Jody demands. When nothing a coach does gets through to one player, you send them home for a weekend. When you fail to get through to a group, you do what it takes. Jody has to have a bite to her bark, and I applaud her for her efforts to bite these kids. Sometimes good players are just brats and need an attitude adjustment.

And to parents everywhere- Spare the rod, spoil the child. To the world a favor and smack your children. A little bit of momentary pain goes a long way in character building.
                You sound like Roger Sterling from "Mad Men"

Thank you for it being your only post on the subject. I agree with a lot you say in other posts but this one is so far in left field I don't think even Alex Gordon can catch it.

Comment

Another article out today and another former player.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NolenKemp View Post
                      Another article out today and another former player.

http://www.thesunflower.com/news/art...0d8fd89bb.html
                      ShocketNet thread about Samantha leaving:

Samantha transferred to and finished he career at Oklahoma Baptist where her Dad played his college ball:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 27, 2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

KSN news at 6 seemed pretty eager for a Sexton interview and instead only had a written statement that was a few days old.. It seems Sexton becomes extremely elusive when there's controversy surrounding a head coach.
                        I remember he was fairly quiet leading up to the firing of Gene and made no public statements or appearances immediately after that firing.

Comment

shock might want to take his own advice..."pull your head out of..."

Comment

Wow.

I sincerely hope you find a way to handle your issues and improve your interpersonal relationships before losing your marriage.

I hate when the horrible mistakes a person is making in their life are so evident to everyone but the person actually living them.
                            Last edited by Rlh04d; April 27, 2015, 07:35 PM.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              ShocketNet thread about Samantha leaving:

Samantha transferred to and finished he career at Oklahoma Baptist where her Dad played his college ball:

http://www.obubison.com/roster/7/2/711.php
                              Noticed, that even though Samantha played a full year with Jane, she is not listed on the roster either of her two years on goshockers.com.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Noticed, that even though Samantha played a full year with Jane, she is not listed on the roster either of her two years on goshockers.com.
                                Neither is Molly O'Brien...

Comment

Working...
                                X